Friday, October 19, 2012

Perspective from Wearing History


This morning I sat down with the intention of typing out a witty post regarding my most recent sewing project and the dangers of using vintage trims.  But as I scrolled down my blogger dashboard, I came across this post from Lauren over at Wearing History.  Now I know many of you are probably already following Lauren's journey through the vintage fashion world, but if you missed her post this week, it's worth a read. 

Her fabulous reproduction pattern line and stunning museum-quality fashions aside, Lauren still has the ability to connect to the home sewer, the struggling crafter, hunched over her sewing machine, ripping the seam... again.  Lauren is genuine and sincere in her comments and commitment to her craft.  If you find yourself doubting your talent or direction in life, find inspiration at Wearing History.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad that others were able to connect to that post. I'm very thankful for the encouragement of other sewers, and you're right- it's always good to keep things in perspective.
    *hugs*
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! Come back to visit again soon!